Friday, November 20, 2009

The General Idea

My goal is to post this blog to help myself lose weight I have been trying to lose for a couple years now. The basic concept is to list what I eat on a day to day basis. Items which I know the calories I will post also with a format I have made for myself. Weight Watchers uses a combination of calories, fat and dietary fiber to determine the point values. I might get back into points at some time, but for now I am just more interested in the actual values. My format will be calories, fat, dietary fiber. For example the Oatmeal I eat every morning at work is 160, 2, 3. This equates to 160 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 3 grams of dietary fiber. This system works for me and makes keeping track of numbers easy so I can post them later.

The reason I have titled this blog "Shrek to Jolly Green" is in reference to two nicknames I have had somewhat recently. My co-workers typically use the Shrek analogy to describe me, which I realize is not to poke fun at my weight but more my height (6' 8"). In my mind I think of Shrek as orgeish and do not want to look like that. Jolly Green is what my Father uses to descirbe my height. Since the Jolly Green giant is a giant muscular fit "guy", that will be base for my wishful thinking.

I will attempt to write down everything I eat or drink, including the water amounts I consume. I have not figured out an exercise plan yet, once I do it will be incorperated in a post in some way. My plan is to get a little notebook to keep my daily logs, as of now I have a piece of paper. With that I will make my first post tonight after I tally dinner into my equations. Here's to weight loss, and hopefully a lot of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment